Friday, September 25, 2015

Summer Reading Experience

        My name is Kristyn P. This is my First blog post and I am very excited to start using Blogger! I love to read realistic fiction books.I am a very picking reader when choosing my books. Some of my favorite authors are Jacqueline Woodson and John Green. Some of my favorite books are, Looking for Alaska by John Green, Every Day by David Leviathan and Freak the Mighty by Rodman Philbrick. During the Summer my favorite place to read is at the beach and I like to read in my pool on a raft. During school I read in my bed at night. I feel it is the best way to end the day with reading.
     
        When school ended I was very excited for summer, just like almost everyone else was.  I love reading in the sun outside and not having to worry about homework or tests. My favorite place to read was on the beach because it is so relaxing and calm. This summer i read a lot of interesting books. Some of these were, Brown Girl Dreaming by Jacqueline Woodson, Taking Flight by Michaela DePrince and Shackleton:Antarctic Odyssey by Nick Bertozz. All of these books were very different. Brown Girl dreaming was a realistic fiction book about an African American girl and the author Jacqueline Woodson writes about her life growing up. It was a very interesting and engaging topic to read. Another book i read was Shackleton:Antarctic Odyssey. This book was about an the Antarctic expedition. This was very different from the other books was that it was a graphic novel. My last book I read for school was Taking Flight by Michaela DePrince. This book was my favorite! It was about a war orphan who has a dream to become a dancer. Michaela DePrince writes about her life and how she struggled when she was little. Then how she recovers and is very determined to become a dancer.This book was my favorite because I can really relate to it and throughout the whole book I was on the edge of my seat and so engaged in the book. Overall, I read a variety of different books this summer that were amazing.

        Hopefully, you got to learn about the kind of reader I am. When reading my blog you will learn about my thoughts, opinions and questions about many books. You will also see how much I enjoy reading and how it has impacted my life. 






1 comment:

  1. I like how in the first paragraph you explained what books you read. I read taking flight and Shackleton also. I agree with what you explained about the book.Your conclusion was accurate and wrapped up your essay. GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete